Monday 30 September 2013

Holy Coves Batman!!!

I'm not sure if you're a fan of listening to your favourite tunes while your driving around in your car? I have to say it's clearly a great way to test to how good a tune is, if you haven't tried it and I can't believe anyone out there hasn't, then my god get out of the box you've been living in and go do it now!!!

Now to make it into my CD collection you have to make some great music. For example there's no Beady Eye or Mumford and Sons getting any air time in my car. You're more likely to hear some Rolling Stones, Smashing Pumpkins or Hendrix as I drive by (at the permitted speed limit of course. I'm not a maniac).. But let me bring an unsigned gem that has made it into my collection. The Holy Coves, now these chaps make driving better than its ever been. I suggest you get this album on CD slap it in the car and go for a drive. The opening bars of the first song really sum up the ride you're in for. It's just a massive sound that drives with elegant guitar riffs that blend with the huge drum and bass sound. The vocals stand out with a passion that tells you that each lyric has been lived, rather than plucked out of some make believe bullshit that's been manufactured to fit the song!

The album is just like the band, no nonsense just a straight to the point attitude that will keep you in their pocket until the last track plays out. For me there are some stand out tracks here in Peruvian Mistake, Whats Happened To You Has Happened To Me and Euthanasia. My favourite of all being Euthanasia, that track just gets totally wedged in my head and replays itself over and over its genius! take note that word will not be used often in the coming weeks. Even if you ignore my advice just listen to that song, and you won't be able to pass up the rest of the album.

All in all this album has had many plays in my car and will continue to do so. If you have an ounce of sense you will go here and listen to this band... http://holycoves.bandcamp.com/album/peruvian-mistake and remember to share and shout about it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment